|Very Important……Please Read Carefully.
Home Game Travel News.
At the meeting on Sunday night it was revealed that we no longer have the use of Sherburn Coaches for our match day bus service.
However we have managed to secure the services of another bus company but we are initially on a trial basis. This means that there can be no excuses for not obeying the coach travel laws. These include:
The new service is slightly more expensive so prices, although staying the same for now, will have to be reviewed and may go up.
- Every passenger must be seated and wearing a seat belt where provided at all times. The coach must never be overloaded. No one can stand at any time during the journey.
- Strictly no alcohol or smoking will be allowed on the coach at any time.
To ensure that we can run the trips smoothly and not encounter any of the previous problems, we all must now adhere to the following rules:
Please contact either John Elliott, Simon Smith or Dave Bailey on the usual contact numbers.
- Only those with current Travelcards will be guaranteed a seat.
- If you can not attend a match we will still endeavour to sell your ticket but we will also require your Travelcard. Match tickets can only be sold with an accompanying Travelcard. No Travelcard – no seat on the bus. The ‘not transferable’ Travelcard rule no longer applies.
- To aid us with this we ask that you inform us at least 3 days in advance of each home game whether you are going or not. (It means 1 phone call or text from you rather than 40 odd calls/texts by us).
- We will still attempt to fill empty seats to keep the costs down so if you don’t get in touch we will assume you are not coming and your seat may well be gone.
- It is now essential that everyone gets into The Sporties at least 15 mins before the bus is due. This will allow us to collect fares and distribute tickets etc. We can not do this while the bus is moving.
Apologies to the Sherburn branch, but for now there can be no pick-up at The Keys. You’ll have to make your way to The Sporties as in ‘days of yore’.
It is vitally important that everyone supports us by following our wishes and the coach travel laws, otherwise there is a possibility that we could lose the match day bus service altogether.